Thursday, June 23, 2011

i wonder if kim kardashian feels the same way.

planning a wedding has not been as fun as i wanted it to be.

i have enjoyed some parts of it, but a lot of it has just been stressing me out.

between the wedding stuff that has to be done rightnowthisverysecond, a totally crazy work schedule and my impending dental doom, i've gotten so stressed out that the thought of eating food makes me sick to my stomach.

upside: my wedding dress will fit for sure.

but, i am happy to report that things took an uptick today in the wedding planning department.

for one, my amazing wedding shoes came and they are perfect. even AWD likes them.

for two, we got our first wedding present! (thanks dana and dan!) and we love it.

for three, i found a bunch of crafty stuff and patterns that i had been looking around for. so now hopefully i can start the more fun, creative stuff.

for now, though, planning a wedding is not my favorite.

though getting married sounds pretty great.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I totally understand. Last year planning a wedding was only fun for the 2 days my mom was in town and we got most of it done. other than that it was details that i didn't have time for and was too worried about between work and having a fiance that was taking a full load of classes. But it is totally worth all of the pain because on that special day everything is done and you get to sit in the celestial room with the man of your dreams and relax for the first time since he asked and then kneel across the altar and promise to be with each other forever. Its the sweetest and the best. I know I almost yelled at my dad and almost father in law when we were walking into the temple but once we were alone everything was calm. and peace was there. Good luck with all of the crazy planning. and when it seems like too much remember it will all be worth it in the end!

Charla said...

hey old college roomie- when is the big date? I am very happy for you. Having just planned my wedding last year, I totally understand how you are feeling. If you need someone to vent to or ask for advice, feel free to contact me. What I can say though, honestly, is that in the end all the stress of the planning is totally worth it. That day is so memorable!