Monday, July 6, 2009

right on target


i made my first trip to target since my easterly relocation tonight, and it was quite the event. suburban meccas of materialism are not so easy to come by in my new urban life, you see.


because going to target is now such a special treat, i felt totally justified in going completely wild! (relatively speaking.) so i am now the proud owner of a little more than two pounds of trail mix. also of the special double issue of people magazine all about michael jackson. it may or may not be called "the talent and tragedy."


other purchases could include betty crocker "bowl appetite" lunches (that betty is oh-so-clever) and "ocean's 11." (if you didn't already know target is the place to find good movies for cheap, now you do.)


sufficeth to say, it's a good thing target is the kind of place where you don't have to be embarrassed about buying embarrassing things.


also sufficeth to say, it's a good thing i won't be going there often. for my sake, that is.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ditto about buying embarrassing things. I always feel like the contents of my cart speak horrible, horrible volumes.