Wednesday, December 19, 2012

the twelve dates of christmas: date eight

on sunday AWD and i hosted a little christmas gathering, the subtitle of which could have been one of my favorite phrases: actually, i like treats more than food.

the reason being because i used it as an opportunity to get all my christmas baking done in one fell (and diabetic) swoop.

i made candy bar cookies.

and rocky road brownies.

and peppermint ice cream.

and my mom's gingerbread cookies.

your blood sugar went up just reading that, huh?

the main event was a short, as in one song, piano recital by yours truly. in the couple of months since i started back up with my piano lessons i managed to learn an arrangement of "what child is this" well enough to feel (reasonably) comfortable performing it. i followed my rule of under-promising and over-delivering, and everyone was duly impressed.

and, after eating all those treats, i added new pants to my christmas list.

No comments: