Tuesday, July 26, 2011

smitten kitchen

in the wake of my dental surgery and subsequent weeks-long soft-food-only diet, i seem to have lost my ability to plan and prepare a decent meal. my trips to the grocery store have been few and far between, and my culinary creativity has been pretty lacking.

it's been a little sad.

but i got back on the horse last night, as it was my turn to host the poynter crew for our monthly dinner. i made the mama bear's gazpacho recipe, plus grilled pizza (pear and gorgonzola (ABK thought it was apple and gouda but that's OK. these things happen), peppers, mushrooms and artichoke hearts, and peppers artichoke and prosciutto), and homemade peanut butter cup ice cream for dessert.

we scarfed everything down so fast i don't have any pictures, so you'll just have to take my word for it that the meal a) really happened and b) was delicious.

i should also mention that key players in my triumphal return to the kitchen were AWD's blendtech and EH's grilling skills. and her pizza pan.

it felt good to be back.

No comments: