Wednesday, April 20, 2011

crooked teeth

i went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago for the first time in six years.

and yes, i know that is 12 times longer than i should have waited.

judge away.

i mean, i could make up a bunch of excuses like that i was poor and i didn't have dental insurance and then i didn't know how to use my dental insurance and then i was too scared to go because i was pretty sure it was going to be big, bad news.

but i won't.

instead i'll tell you that, for six years of no professional dental intervention, it went pretty well.

hurrah!

i had a cracked filling that needed to be fixed (didn't even know i had that filling, so oops there i guess.) and then i went back today for a second filling. they also filed down my first filling because my jaw was closing all wonky and crooked and giving me headaches.

my face only stayed numb for about five hours each time. it's cool.

the most important news is, major dental catastrophe averted.

i celebrated by eating jelly beans.

and scheduling a cleaning for october.

1 comment:

Evan and Holly said...

You crack me up. We don't have dental insurance right now, so I know how that goes and when we did have it we were too poor for the copays for the work we needed. I'm fearing the worst if we ever have it again because I know what Evan needed done years ago. :)