Wednesday, December 5, 2007

recently overheard

"back when i was dating my gay boyfriend..."

"i want a tattoo."
"my mom has a tattoo."
"your mom has a tattoo?"
"well, it was during the cold war..."

"remember when we all had to shower naked together?"

"when are you getting married?"
"december 29th."
"that's a good day for it."
"are you getting married that day, too?"
"i was going to be."
(that was actually overheard by susan, at church no less. i hope i got it right)

my mom: "oh, dear. ben is throwing up."
me: "where are you?"
my mom: "in the parking lot at best buy."
silence.
my mom: "so, what do you want for christmas?"

"i was once a paranoid heterosexual myself."

3 comments:

Robin Sloan said...

now this is good content!

p.s. oddly, one of my friends is getting married on december 29.

Unknown said...

I truly was a confused heterosexual. Glad that's out of the way.

Marie said...

It's all about networking with the right loonies, I guess. And having your hearing aid turned up.