Wednesday, May 21, 2008

tag, i'm it!

my friend cheryl-lynn tagged me. cheryl-lynn was my first, and sort of only, friend when my family moved to colorado right after i graduated from high school. and now we are blogging buddies! i have never been tagged before, so this is pretty exciting. here we go...

1. what were you doing ten years ago?
ten years ago i was finishing up my junior year at h.h. dow high school in midland, michigan. those were the days, eh? i was probably getting ready for some big end-of-the-year voice recital, and working on the big year-end issue of the school newspaper. and either getting ready for, or basking in the glory of, my first prom. i went with phil stump and he wore a top hat. then he married my friend michelle, but that was later. i was also getting ready to go to a fellowship program at northwestern university for the summer. the end of my senior year was more exciting. i puked in the hall in the middle of my government final. but that was only nine years ago, so i'll leave that story for later.

2. five things on your to-do list today
- buy a mother's day gift (yes, i realize that mother's day has passed and that this is pathetic)
- pick up robin from the airport
- go to a meeting at the ywca
- clean off the dining room table
- keep my tootsie roll consumption to an acceptable level (so far, so good)

3. five snacks you enjoy
- oreos, especially double stuf (yes, they only spell it with one f. i have eaten enough to know)
- cheese-flavored crackers
- granola bars
- tootsie rolls (see above)
- nuts, especially cashews or almonds

4. what would you do if you suddenly became a millionaire?
i would take at least a year off and travel all around the whole world, and stop wherever i wanted and spend as much time there as i wanted. i would pay off my student loan. and i would buy a ridiculously expensive pair of shoes, just because i could. and maybe buy a house or an apartment somewhere really exotic, like greece, so that i could say, "oh, you can use my house in greece any time!" and maybe brad pitt and angelina jolie would want to have babies there, because that seems to be their thing.

5. three bad habits
- leaving my room a total and complete mess
- running yellow lights
- being late. all the time. for pretty much everything

6. five places i've lived
- madrid, spain
- boston
- london, england
- evanston, illinois (though i usually just cheat and say chicago)
- tampa, florida

7. five jobs i've had
- cashier at the hobby lobby
- waitress at IHOP (that lasted two weeks, and i was just training for one of them)
- digital image archivist
- freelance marketing developer for the felons (this is a super good story)
- community news reporter at the salt lake tribune

8. five things people don't know about me (i am going to go with things people "may" not know about me, because i don't think i have very many good secrets)
- i have two perfectly round scars on my abdomen from my first two chicken pox
- i have never been to mexico
- i hate movies where animals talk, or save the day
- i have close to 100 pairs of shoes
- i can perfectly replicate the noise made by the bubble in the middle of the board game "trouble"

now, the rule is that i am supposed to tag five people to answer the same questions on their blogs. but, frankly, i am never sure who is reading this (except for my mom... hi, mom!... who doesn't have a blog). so, i am going to "tag" some people, but i don't make any promises about how successful it will be. i choose suvi marie, marci, miranda, nan and an anonymous blog-stalker who will reveal him or herself in the comments section below! come forward, silent rogue! we can't wait to meet you...

7 comments:

4 Reale said...

Confession dear Frances, I read your blog. Probably found it from Em Dawg (unintentional rhyme). I was instantly interested in your India stuff and the fact that you're a journalist. Especially since I'm in PR.

I may not be the creepy blog stocker because we have gone to a few concerts together (Indigo and True Colors), but hopefully you feel better about revealing SOMEONE.

I think I'll go ahead and complete the survey, for blogging sake.

Blog on!

Ems said...

oh hello, nice to learn more about you. I also will now blog stalk you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can be sure I'm always reading your blog. Hi Frances!
Love,
Mom

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

This was fabulous, Frances. I love that Phil Stump wore a top hat. And did you really tag me? If so, I feel honored to have been given a shout-out on your blog. And, strangely enough, I had previously been tagged with this...

You can read my responses here:

http://tinyurl.com/6jzdma

Marcelina Moreno said...

Just seeing my name on your blog made my day, and it's already been a pretty good day.

Joelle said...

I really enjoyed getting to know you better!

Peggy said...

I admit it ! You caught me! I love to blog stalk you Frances - since you are no longer my visiting teacher I am in Frances withdraw....
Pegs