Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a chocolate carnivale for all!

ok, i spent the whole bike ride to work this morning trying to think of a clever way to start this post, and all i came up with was a clever way to drop in that i rode my bike to work this morning. so, i am just going to get right to the point.

i am on a board at the ywca of salt lake city, we are hosting a FREE event this friday and you should come!

the event is called, officially, "chocolate carnivale: a celebration of successful young women." you'll get to throw on your "cocktail" (i am going to say that means semi-formal) attire and make a red carpet entrance at 7p.m., with a photographer there to capture all your glory, and there will be mounds and mounds of FREE chocolate to enjoy once you get inside. there are also some pretty amazing silent auction items (including a basket full of shabby apple goodies, and some gems from the boy roommates' store) and we'll have live entertainment as well. we're also giving away awards to three incredible young women from the salt lake valley, so you can eat chocolate AND be inspired, which i think is a pretty unbeatable combination. and there's a cash bar. that pretty much sealed the deal, didn't it?

so, to review. this friday, may 16th, 7p.m. FREE event with FREE chocolate at the ywca of salt lake city, 322 east 300 south. coming because you love me is, obviously, reason enough, but coming to support the ywca and their mission of empowering women and eliminating racism isn't such a bad way to spend a friday night either.

see you there!



4 comments:

suvi said...

What a deal! Lat year I paid $10 to go. And it was well worth it! There was tons of chocolate, but not much water and great entertainment. Especially the pirate belly dancers. I was totally inspired.

frances said...

oh my gosh! i totally forgot about those pirate belly dancers. why did we never take a class from them? why?

Joel said...

You where right you totally had me when you mentioned that that I could buy booze with money. That will get me there every time.

CL said...

Hey frances,
I hope this was fun...I love chocolate but Andrew doesn't so I haven't eaten any (at least by my definition) in four months! Ouch! Hey, I tagged you- let me know if you don't want to do it!