Wednesday, March 12, 2008

on the phone with mom

my mother (hi, mom!) is a very capable and talented public relations professional with an entirely bizarre specialty. most of her clients are involved in construction or industrial products of some kind, so she is always talking about duct insulator and paint finishes and her work appears in such highly-circulated periodicals as "concrete decor." (i am not kidding about this. "concrete decor" magazine really exists. and it loves my mom.)

here is a conversation i just had with her.

me: how are things there?
my mom (with a sigh): well, i'm stuck in the middle of a big brouhaha between natural lime and synthetic Italian plaster manufacturers.
me (unable to contain my giggles): ah, the life you lead.
my mom (in all seriousness): i know. i hope i survive.

silence on her end and more giggles on mine. and then, this gem.

my mom: i'm just being silly, frances. i'm sure i'll make it through.

1 comment:

steve said...

Your mom is one of my all time favorites... as is your blog. different ballparks, but both favorites nonetheless.

by the way... the little blogger word verification tool below says HWPMS. I chuckled.