Monday, March 31, 2008

funny every time...

my editor, barb, and my co-worker, becky, are completely obsessed with funny cat photos, and look at them all day long. when there are problems with the funny cat photo web site, major panic, wailing and gnashing of teeth ensues. and no, that is not an exaggeration.

i, you may or may not know, am not super into animals, so this phenomenon is something of a mystery to me. i do not own animals. i do not watch movies where animals talk, or save the day. i am not very amused by people dressed as animals, and i am usually opposed to animals dressed as people. (an exception to this rule is an animal costume that features fake muscles. those are pretty rad.) i recently discovered, though, that animals dressed as other animals can be endlessly hysterical. see for yourselves. i saved this photo on my computer desktop at work, and i open it about once a day. i'm not quite sure exactly what it is, but it gets me every single time.

4 comments:

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

Ha! I love it! A little animal abuse never hurt anyone, and look at the joy it provides!

I consider myself an animal-liker (I have a cat that I take good care of but have not bothered to name after over 2 years of ownership). I loathe the terms "animal lover" (especially in the context of housepets that are treated like children) and "mommy" applied to a pet owner. [Shudder]

Dainon. said...

And I laughed, possibly too loud and long for this late hour, but still.

Anonymous said...

it's a cat in a chicken costume with a bow tie. duh.