Tuesday, April 10, 2012

this is the only picture of easter i took.


back in the day, my mom used to make us these little easter treats: a melt-in-your-mouth meringue nest that acts as a sugary home to a sweet peep chick nestled in coconut grass guarding malted robin's eggs. it was one of my favorite easter traditions, partly because i have a wicked sweet tooth and partly because it felt so nice and familiar.

AWD and i hosted some of our favorite family and friends for easter dinner this year and i went all nostalgic/domestic and started the tradition anew in our home by sending each of our guests away with a nest of their own.

plus one for me and one for my lovebird.

and it was just as nice and familiar as always.

happy easter, my babies.

1 comment:

SRA said...

I hate Peeps, but everything else about it sounds and looks awesome. ;)