Thursday, December 1, 2011

similes, sort of.

today my co-worker sent me this link.

don't go there unless you want to spend the next twenty minutes laughing out loud while you read ridiculous similes written for a washington post contest.

similes such as:

the plan was simple, like my brother-in-law phil. but, unlike phil, this plan just might work.

or, how about this one:

i felt a nameless dread. well, there probably is a long german name for it, like geschpooklichkeit or something, but i don't speak german. anyway, it's a dread that nobody knows the name for, like those little square plastic gizmos that close your bread bags. i don't know the name for those either.

i'd keep going, but I can't type without laughing all over again, and AWD is lying next to me trying to go to sleep. (someone has to be the grown-up around here) so i'll let you read the rest from the source and pick a favorite.

enjoy!

No comments: