Sunday, December 18, 2011

on the ninth date of christmas my true love gave to me...

... the new sherlock holmes movie (a game of shadows indeed), at the alamo theater in winchester.




we went to visit AWD's family this weekend and celebrated an early christmas since we'll be with my family on the actual holiday and i finally got to go to the alamo theater. AWD and his sister have been telling me about it for ages. it's one of those theaters where you sit in really big, comfortable chairs and order food while you watch a movie. or, in my case, a root beer float. anyway, it's a winner and i was glad to finally get to experience it.

and, though i think i am in the minority here, i liked the movie, too. though it's hard to go wrong with robert downey, jr. and jude law. i mean, come on.

1 comment:

DanyaLynn said...

Haha - I think you're right....but at least one of us (you) found the movie delightful! I far preferred the first film. For my money, the best film of 2011 was MoneyBall. I'm glad you got to have the Alamo experience. Has Andrew shared with you the mix up with his Christmas present to me last year? hint: Alamo. However, it has turned out to be a new like of mine!