Friday, January 28, 2011

sometimes i think of a name for posts like this and then can't remember if i have used that name before

this morning while i was driving to work my gas light came on. and because my gas light has been sort of finicky lately and my tank could actually have actually been .1 mile (miles?) away from being completely empty, i pulled into the first gas station i saw. where, it turns out, gas was 20 cents more expensive than at any other gas station i passed on the rest of my route.

and then, still driving to work, i stopped at a red light and all the snow and ice that had accumulated on the roof of my car came sliding down onto my windshield in one massive, deadly sheet and got stuck. i couldn't see anything. i screamed. then i started sort of swaying back and forth and chanting "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh." but then i hopped out and cleared it all off before the light turned green. because i am awesome like that (sometimes).

this afternoon i sent AWD a list of things i want to do on this gloriously unplanned weekend. he said no to a trip to the fabric store, doing some sewing and making some valentine's day crafts. weird. but he said yes to brunch and a movie and maybe something fun downtown. so that's good news at least.

i have to admit, i am a little sad to not be home as planned (because my mom never says no to the fabric store or crafts) but i am going to make the most of it. and, my babies, i hope your weekends are glorious as well!

No comments: