Tuesday, August 5, 2008

just a day

i went to work today without a bra. not on purpose. very much on accident. just to be clear.

i am, quite frankly, not exactly sure how it happened: i was in a hurry this morning. i laid my clothes out on my bed before i put them on instead of taking them directly from the closet as i usually do. i got dressed before i did my hair and make-up instead of after. there are lots of possible explanations. but whatever the reason, the result is the same. no bra for me.

the delicious twist to the story is that i was in a hurry this morning because i was taking my car to the mechanic to get the air conditioning looked at, which meant i had no car to drive myself home to get the bra once i realized it was missing. (on a much less hilarious side note, my air conditioning is going to cost $1600 to fix. i am not sure how i feel about this.)

now, given my aforementioned lack of bosoms, going braless is actually not that big of a deal. i just look more like a 12-year-old boy than usual. everyone in my office said you couldn't even tell. my mom said it's not as bad as the time she taught sunday school without a bra. my friend melissa said, "how could you forget a bra? haven't you been putting one on every day for years? unless you go commando a lot...?" (the answer, by the way, is no. i hate looking like a 12-year-old boy.) responses to my facebook status (it reads: "frances forgot a very critical piece of clothing when she left the house this morning. she'll let you guess which") ranged from my belt, to my earrings, to "probably not your leg warmers," to pants (i wore a dress today, or that could have been the winner), to a girdle, which was the closest.

but the winning answer is: my bra.

sometimes you just have a day. you know?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog again today and can relate to omitted clothing items (whether intentional or not is another issue ;). I went braless most days for the my last year in college, but finally donned one regularly starting in the MTC. Heh. Heh. Bummer on your AC. ;(

Ems said...

oh that is great. three cheers for little boobs. I am a regular no-braer though...the 12 year old boy thing doesn't bother me much I suppose.

Sarita said...

I on occasion have a sudden panic attack on the way to work because I didnt remember putting on the brazierre that morning.

Luckily, its always been paranoia. I would WALK home if it were actually the case. It would be bad.

But once I went jogging with a companion on my mission and didnt realize that I didnt support myself before putting on the sweatshirt. We went home.

But forgetting my earrings, thats a whole nother tragedy entirely.

natali said...

i look more like a ten year old but i must say i love not wearing a bra.