Friday, November 22, 2013

belly up

because i spent the first part of my pregnancy paranoid about something going wrong, and because i spent the second part of my pregnancy paranoid that my face looked swollen, i didn't do maternity photos or really any documentation of my growing belly. except for a handful of photos that my co-worker katie forced me to pose for while we were at the office, which is why the majority of photos of me as a pregnant person are against a cubicle wall.

but, it's better than nothing, right?








maybe it's because baby b came early so i didn't have time to get sick of being pregnant, or maybe because my pregnancy was relatively easy, or maybe because my memory has already become artificially rose-colored, but i actually sort of liked being pregnant.

yes, i was swollen and exhausted and my back hurt and i had heartburn for the first time in my life. but i also got bigger boobs. (holla!) and people are nice to you when you are pregnant and everyone wants to take care of you and it's amazing to know that you are growing a life in there. i liked all of that.

so i am glad i have these few reminders at least. especially because it already feels like a long, long time ago.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cutest bump ever! My bump was more of a Thing That Ate Cleveland, and definitely did not have a central location. I just looked like I had gained 40 pounds for no reason, which explains why I have so few pregnant pictures.