Wednesday, February 13, 2013

from the heart of my bottom

one thing i loved about japan was that any western thing japanese people tried to do was always a little bit, well, off. like signs on people's doors that said "sweet home sweet" and signs in shop windows that said things like, "thank you our customers, from the heart of our bottom."

so this valentine's day equivalent ritual of men screaming things they love about their wives from a stage in a parking lot is, well, perfect.

read the article here.

and watch the whole spectacle below. even if you can't understand what they're saying, it's pretty awesome.




the universal favorite seems to be: i'm sorry i've gained so much weight over the last seven years, but that's because the meals you cook are so delicious.

i can see that line being shouted in my not-so-distant future, too.

1 comment:

Amy Poulson said...

Exactly. Westernized Japan makes me smile. You make me smile too! Miss you Frances. Glad I can blog stalk you!